Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Otterbein Home Health
Lebanon, OH 45036 United States
Very competitive compensation and benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance and 401k with company match.
Physical Therapist Home Health
Otterbein Home Health is currently seeking a Physical Therapist to join our growing team. Our Physical Therapists enjoy a supportive, flexible, patient-oriented work environment. Physical therapists are responsible for providing physical therapy services to our Home Health clients according to the physician’s plan of care, as well as, supervising physical therapy assistants.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Evaluates patient’s functional status (muscle function, endurance, gait pattern, coordination, balance and functional transfers, etc.).
• Evaluates home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living. Identifies equipment needs.
• Participates in the development of the total plan of care.
• Develops treatment program and establishes goals for improved function. Communicates plan of care to referring physician and other Organization professionals.
• May teach new skills or retrain patient in once familiar functional activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with Organization policy.
• May train patient in the use of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices.
• Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the physician any changes in the patient’s condition.
• Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved in the patient’s care to promote coordinated, efficient care.
• Attends and contributes to in-services, case conferences, and other meetings as required by Organization policy to ensure coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients of the Organization.
• Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as appropriate.
• Instructs patient’s family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in patient’s treatment regime when indicated and appropriate.
• Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.
• Participates in discharge planning for patient.
Otterbein Home Health provides Home Health services for the elderly, complimenting already strong independent senior services, outpatient capabilities and clinical facilities at Otterbein. This wide array of services establishes one of the most extensive portfolios of independent senior care capabilities in the state.
Otterbein Home Health is a Medicare-certified home health agency with an established reputation for high-quality services. Otterbein Home Health services are an integral part of Otterbein Senior Life Style Choices portfolio and available to Otterbein Lebanon residents, in addition to residents in the surrounding area.
Providing a high level of personalized care, Otterbein Home Health is guided by Otterbein’s century-old tradition of faith-based ministry, clinical skills and strong community ties. Otterbein Home Health does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age with regards to admission, treatment, services or employment.
Qualified Candidates please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education, training, experience:
Education, Credentials, License Requirements
• Graduate of a Physical Therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Committee Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association.
• Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
• Must be a licensed driver with an automobile in good working condition and have automobile insurance in accordance with Ohio laws.
• 3-5 years of clinical experience as a Physical Therapist.
• Prior Home Health or Community Health/Hospice experience preferred.
Terms & Conditions